A Ministry of Gracepoint Gospel Fellowship
The primary mission of Cornerstone Christian School is to partner with Christian parents to develop well-educated, spiritually mature persons, dedicated to Christ, equipped to contribute to His church, society, and their own well-being.
This is accomplished through 12 major objectives:
1. To provide a God-centered, Christ-honoring education with a Bible centered curriculum in a positive learning environment that promotes a Christian world and life view.
2. To teach the Bible as God's inspired work emphasizing its application to every area of life.
3. To inculcate students with a desire to know and obey the will of God as revealed in the Scriptures.
4. To lead students to confess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and then on to responsible Christian maturity.
5. To impart an understanding of the Christian's role in the church and its worldwide mission of witnessing, evangelism and discipleship, and to stimulate interest and involvement in this mission.
6. To encourage, support and give guidance to the Christian home, to aid families in Christian growth, to cooperate with parents in every phase of developing their childen, and to encourage parents to understand and bear their responsibility of educating and training their children.
7. To promote high academic standards and help students realize their full potential.
8. To help students gain a thorough comprehension and command of the fundamentals of interpersonal communication with an emphasis on reading, writing, speaking, listening, and arithmetic.
9. To teach and encourage good study habits; to teach students to work independently and cooperatively, reason logically, apply themselves and fulfill their responsibilities.
10. To provide activities designed to arouse curiousity, stimulate creativity, enrich understanding and foster an appreciation of the arts.
11. To promote good citizenship through the development of an understanding appreciation of the American heritage and Christian tradition of responsible freedom, human dignity and acceptance of authority.
12. To develop an understanding, an appreciation of God's world, an awareness of man's role in his environment and his God-given responsibilities to properly use and preserve them
Our School finds great importance in:
- Teaching the Truth found in Scriptures
- Serving a multi-cultural Christian community
- Born-again teachers and staff
- Association of Christian Schools International Membership
- Daily Prayer Assembly
- Weekly Chapel Service
- ACSI Speech and Math Competitions
- Christian School Junior Olympics
- NY State Certified teachers
- Participates in NY State tests
- NY State academic standards
- Full Day Transitional-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
- Transitional-Kindergarten to Grade 8 self-contained classes
- ESL Services for qualifying students
- Computer Lab Instruction for K-3
- Classroom Chromebook use for Grades 4 - 8
- Music program and After School Extended Music Instruction
- Resource Room
- Teacher/Aides in lower grade levels
- District bussing
- School Lunch program available
- After Care Program